Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Phyllis Diller (1917- 2012)

From the archives of All things Ironing - Phyllis Diller (July 17, 1917 – August 20, 2012)

Sadly, Phyllis Diller died today, aged 95.

We remember Phyllis for her zany sense of humor, being the only quoted comedian to venture into the world of ironing.
Phyllis Diller (1917-2012)


"The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron."
Phyllis Diller

"I buried a lot of my ironing in the back yard."
Phyllis Diller

"I'm eighteen years behind in my ironing."
Phyllis Diller


Phyllis Diller was an American actress and stand up comedian, although she would probably prefer comedienne.
 
Phyllis created a stage character of an eccentric, wild-haired, zany housewife who made self-deprecating jokes about her age and appearance, her terrible cooking, and a husband named "Fang". We will miss her.

"Thank you for the best times Pyllis. Rest In Peace."